• olive47 is always all lower case and one word…always…
(unless it’s all UPPERCASE, but never mixed case. it just doesn’t look right
• born in chattanooga tennessee.
• undergrad degree in painting
from savannah college of art and design, savannah GA USA
• masters degree in printmaking
from camberwell college of the arts. london UK
animals, particularly small mammals, seaweed ramen from
mr. ramen, succulents, Paul Klee, Barcelona.
banana flavouring, olives, pop music, marmite,
Warhol, large crowds.
Inspiration: nature, camping, snorkeling, travel
favourite traveling: spain, berlin, tokyo, miami, new york
music: hip hop, experimental electronic, bhangra
• used to paint murals of southern plantations and rococo cupids in houses and businesses for extra money in college.
• has lived in Savannah, GA, Portland, OR, Atlanta, GA, Los Angeles, CA, and London UK
• founded cult in 2002, now boasts over 450 members internationally.
• began doing “street art” in 1995 making collages from old 50’s science books, xeroxing and posting them on telephone poles.
• tattoo on her back is image from one of the science books which depicts the theory of reflection.
• moved on to stickers in 1998 while working for design
companies in Los Angeles..
Used company credit card to pay for them.
• First sticker was of 7 inch pink sperm with one eye.
• The egg with salt was the first image used for a paste up.
• Uses primarily exterior latex and brushes rather than spray paint because of asthma and allergy problems.